The Mid-Career Checkpoint program is a free service to help Carers returning to the workforce or current workers achieve their career plans. It’s available in NSW, VIC and QLD.
The MCC provides skills assessment, financial assistance to support recommended training, tailored career guidance, advice and coaching sessions at no cost to Participants.
Training incentives of up to $3,000 are available for training courses and free career coaching.
It’s broken into three primary cohorts: Stepping back in, Stepping Up or General Entry (existing workers in the sectors listed below):
1. Coaching and support are available to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents who have undertaken caring responsibilities for more than six months (e.g. a career break with young children or looking after a family member).
All carers must meet the following criteria:
o Stepping back in: Are currently out of the workforce and are looking to relaunch or kick-start their careers; or
o Stepping up: They have recently re-joined the workforce (within 18 months) and are looking to advance or change their careers.
2. The program is also available to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents who are existing workers in a COVID-19-affected designated industry. General entry participants must be currently working in one of the following sectors:
- Retail Trade
- Administrative and Support Services
- Child Care Services
- Education and Training
- Arts and Recreation
- Residential Care Services
- Accommodation and Food Services
If anyone wishes to apply, the application form is attached.
Please feel free to pass this information around to anyone you see fit.
are you ready to change your Life?
Study Flexible Online Certificate & Diploma Courses.