Why study this course?
Allied Health in general is an integral part of Australia's health care system. Allied health professionals support doctors and nurses by designing and delivering programs to improve the health and wellbeing of patients and clients across the broad spectrum of health care.
This course will get you started in a career in the Allied Health industry.
It will prepare you to work as an allied health assistance worker, which involves providing therapeutic and program related support to allied health professionals.
What will you learn?
The Physiotherapy specialisation covers the knowledge and skills needed for a Physiotherapy Assistant (or Physiotherapy Support Worker) to work under the guidance of a qualified Physiotherapist.
Physiotherapy Assistants work with the Physiotherapists to assess and diagnose patients' health conditions such as sports injuries and musculoskeletal conditions as well as chronic health conditions. They will then, plan and deliver treatment programs that aim to restore function or minimise dysfunction after disease or injury.
Who is this course for?
This course is for:
- Allied Health Assistance workers in aged care who hold a Certificate III level qualification in allied health
- Experienced Allied Health Assistance workers in aged care who do not hold any formal qualifications
- People who are interested in a career in Allied Health assistance services in aged care with no experience but hold a Certificate III level qualification in a related area.
After achieving this qualification, you might be interested in the following courses:
- HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Occupational Therapy)
- HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance
- CHC43315 Certificate IV in Mental Health
- CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health